We can't get enough of the glowing looks that makeup artist Lisa Cathcart creates. Lisa has all the tips and tricks to make sure you're glowing from top to toe for your next special event.
We're sure you've seen her radiant painted faces on the gram, so when we have a special event or need a little beauty inspo, Lisa is our go-to girl. This time she even shared some of her fave fake tanning tips to a flawless tan.
Lisa's insider tips:
- 2 days before applying your tan, exfoliate your entire body using an exfoliating mitt. The mitt helps to gently buff away any old tan and leaves my skin feeling smooth and silky. I also find this is a great time to shave any unwanted hair. Shaving 2 days before you tan (not on the same day) will allow time for your pores to close, resulting in a more even tan.
- For any dry spots (elbows, ankles and cuticles) I apply the Luxe Moisturising Lotion before and after applying my tan. I find this helps to blend the product.
- Some self tanners make my skin break out, so to avoid this I always use Bali Body's Face Tan Water. It takes the fear out of tanning your face, plus there will be no uninvited blemishes popping up the next day.
- I like a deep dark fake tan, so to achieve this I apply two coats. I always apply a layer of tan to my whole body, then I use a hairdryer to dry the tan, then I apply a second layer. It’s my little trick to getting a really deep result and works so well.
- If the tan sticks to dry patches or pigment spots, grab a cue tip and hydrate the area with moisturiser. It will take off the excess tan as well as add a boost of hydration to the problem spot.
Maintain your glow like a pro
- The day after applying fake tan I use the Luxe Moisturising Lotion. It helps to maintain it and ensures an even fade. Sometimes when I want to add an extra boost of colour, I apply Gradual Tan, alternating these every 2-3 days.
- Before an event I love to use a body oil with shimmer, like Bali Body's Shimmering Body Oil. Apply it over your fake tan to extenuate the collarbones and shoulders for an extra glow
For more tips on how to fake the perfect fake tan at home read our blog here.