Going vegan, a topic on everyone's radar right now.
Whether you're doing it for ethical reasons, your health or to help the environment, it seems that there's a growing trend to recognise the impact and importance of going vegan. This way of life is the fastest-growing lifestyle trend and loved by some of the world biggest celebrities, even Meghan Markle is rumoured to be raising the new prince as a vegan. Although it won’t promise to turn you into Beyonce overnight, opting for a vegan lifestyle will bring you ongoing health, wellbeing and mental benefits.
Going vegan isn't just restricted to your daily meal plan, it can stem into your everyday life too, from the shoes you wear to the beauty products you choose. It’s a little way you can personally do your bit to look after the world and all the beings that live in it.
Many beauty shelf faves do contain animal products such as lanolin, beeswax and honey, with an alarming number of companies also testing their products on animals. However, choosing vegan beauty products doesn't mean you have to limit your choices. At Bali Body, we are proudly 100% vegan-friendly and never test our products on animals. Our range of Skincare, Self Tan and Suncare boast year-round bronzed skin and a glowing conscience too. Here are our top 3 tips for starting to live a vegan life.
- Go meatless for a meal each day, then two meals and finally work up to three. The gradual transition will give your body time to adjust while also giving you the flexibility of deciding what yummy recipe you’ll be cooking up next.
- Swap out your old beauty products for vegan-friendly alternatives. Say goodbye to your non vegan foundation and try our BB Cream, which combines skincare, suncare and makeup all in one tube. Win-win. Not sure if your current beauty shelf is 100% vegan? You can turn to google for this information or treat yourself to an overhaul and shop our range for peace of mind.
- Remember going vegan doesn't mean deprivation. Think of your fave comfort foods and veganise them. We love Banza's vegan take on mac & cheese, or for the sweet tooth in you why not try the recipe below, a fave at Bali Body HQ.
- 1 cup white, oat, or spelt flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar or coconut sugar
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips (dairy free)
- 2 tbsp nut mylk of choice, plus more if needed
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
Combine all dry ingredients in a bowl, then stir in wet to form a dough – it will be dry at first, so keep stirring until a cookie dough texture is achieved. If needed, add 1-2 tbsp of extra mylk.
Form into one big ball, then either refrigerate at least 2 hours or freeze until the dough is cold. Once dough is chilled, preheat oven to 160 C. Form dough balls, and place on a greased baking tray, leaving enough room between cookies for them to spread. Bake 11 minutes on the center rack. They’ll look underdone when you take them out. Let them cool on the baking tray 10 minutes before touching, during which time they will firm up.
If for whatever reason the cookies don’t spread enough, just press down with a spoon after baking.
Want to know more about why you should be making the switch to vegan skincare? Then read our blog to find out more.